About the platform
LifeWatch Citizen Science is a place for sharing knowledge, tools, training material and other resources for participatory projects in biodiversity and ecosystem research. It is a platform that facilitates citizen involvement in scientific activities. It includes:
- a section devoted to basic knowledge on citizen science, its potential and its applications;
- a section dedicated to best practices and tutorials on the development and management of citizen-science projects;
- a section devoted to questions and answers on citizen science;
- a section devoted to cataloguing both existing and new citizen-science projects with an open-source webGIS for viewing initiatives on a map-based interface;
- a tool for creating mini-sites for new citizen-science projects;
- a web application, customisable by users and supporting any citizen-science activity, that provides for the collection of geo-referenced observations;
- integration between various components and services of LifeWatch.
The EU-Citizen.Science workroom invited different speakers to present their citizen-science impact assessment framework: Barbara Kieslinger from ZSI (the Centre for...